Monday, April 11, 2011

r.i.p.

My house is pretty quirky. Although I'd like to consider those quirks to be charming, my 30 year old Caloric stove did not fall under that category. It sure was a cute little appliance, with it's retro clock in the center (the vintage blue colored hands may have been the sole reason I kept it around). I stood by its side for as long as I could until I found a great deal on a new stainless model. I had a bond with that little stove. So what if I have to strike a match every time I need to light the front right burner? Who cares if the oven temperature knob has absolutely no correlation to the actual oven temperature? My oven made me feel special, I was the only one in the world that knew and understood its demands.

Caloric, I tip my oven mitt to you. I may have scars from tragic pizza burns, but your basic oven/stove functions got me by and I have full bellies, happy eaters and nice times to show for it, so thanks.


r.i.p. little caloric, you did me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment